Home Automation System Support besides Wink

fyi: I’m working on an openHAB2 binding for the Rachio controllers (I fact it’s already in beta state).
openHAB Version 2 is a powerful open source home automation system supporting a wide variety of devices and provides powerful automation options. Using HABpanel you could easily run it on any type of device using the browser.

The binding integrates Generation 2 controllers using the Rachio Cloud API. All controllers / zones will be auto-detected once connected to the cloud service (in theory an unlimited number of controllers and zones as well as multiple accounts). You get status information and could start/stop zones. Based on OH rules you could create your own schedule logic. It also integrates the event API, so you get notifications when watering starts, info on run-times etc. Gen 1 might also work, but I have no device to verify (depends on API support).

Let me know if you are interested to give it a try. I will become available on the Eclipse IoT market soon. Check the openHAB community for more details.

Cheers, Markus

Yes. OpenHAB2 works with Rachio.

I’m happy to start a new thread for configuration help. The Binding is available on Git. The README https://github.com/markus7017/org.openhab.binding.rachio/blob/master/README.md

2 Likes

Thanx, I ditched openhab now, I’m going to stick to my Frankenstein zway to HomeKit setup.

UDI ISY supports Rachio integration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Franz, unfortunately that list is comprised of mostly voice remote control devices. When I think of home “automation” it shouldn’t be a remote control. It should be a “automation hub”. Smartthings is a automation hub but there are others out there that rachio should be working with.

That is great news. Will this work with the Rachio 3 controller as well?

Tom

yes, I didn’t have one, but another a user reported successful test

As a total Mac Fan Boy I use Indigo from Indigo Domotics. I installed the plug in and got my api code and it was live. I am not controlling watering but I am pulling data points in so I can see how that all goes. But I did test and it functions in native sprinkler control mode with the plug in.

Love indigo. Brings my nest, hue, ubiquiti, insteon, AirPlay and so many other things nicely together

1 Like

I have Rachio 3 working with OpenHAB2, thanks to the fine work by @markus7017.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hubitat Elevation has built in Rachio integration. Very easy to setup, and works great! I am using Hubitat with my Gen 3 16 zone.

1 Like

I would like to add Home Assistant to the list of working integrations. Even the Apple Homekit integration works. Siri integration etc.
Home Assistant

Hi, I would also like to add Fibaro HC2 to the list of possibilities.

Cheers