Home Automation System Support besides Wink

please do add Vera support or a Vera app. it is very simple to support it.

@eyali, just curious, what plugins are you currently using Vera for?

How would you use it with your Iro?

1 Like

Using Vera to control all z-wave devices I have

• Kwikset locks
  • door sensors
  • flood sensors
  • light switch
  • motion sensors
  • wireless cameras (monitor only)
  • alarm

I also use Vera through a plug in for Nest thermostat and for Chamberlain garage door control (myQ).

Vera is not the most friendly interface out there and mostly used by advanced users, automation junkies :smile: like me, but it gives you full control of your house z-wave or others…

2 Likes

I totally agree! Please add support for Vera.

1 Like

No zwave solution is. I opted for razberry since I have a raspberry pi 2. Everybody has gone after these ui’s that are just a thin wrapper over the zwave protocol.

But honestly, until I get real flow sensor support, I have shelved my http device driver to the iro.

I’m hopeful that the zway guys get their HomeKit working again, but from what I have read that might require an Apple TV to act as the gateway. :frowning:

And before ppl beat me up over using a raspberry, keep in mind, I have a portable power pack for charging an iPhone that acts as a ups and will run the device for 4 hours. At least I can still interact with my battery operated devices like my door locks over my backup ad hoc network.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @eyali. How do you like the Nest & Chamberlain plugins? Are they missing any functionality that requires you to use their native app on a regular basis?

@plainsane, I’m trying to remember, what type of flow sensor do you have? Or are you still evaluating makes/models? I think the last time we discussed flow sensors was in this topic.

I have a toro tfs-100 in the box, just didn’t get it on the main yet as the iro doesnt support it.

1 Like

Thanks @plainsane.

HouseLogix wrote a plugin for Control4 integration, but its almost as expensive as the unit itself! :frowning:

Openhab anybody?

David,

I would be interested on hearing what you believe might of been the problem on getting Wink and Rachio to work together. Could it be a Rachio problem? My Gen 2 is currently connected to my router but I’m thinking on buying Wink to connect other devices including Rachio.

Thank you in advance for replying.
Tom

1 Like

Currently, my Gen2 is ‘connected’ with Wink, but the integration is wacky. It says it is watering when it is not, the zone#s are all mismatched. Plus, disabled zones show enabled, enabled zones show disabled, etc. The Wink integration is useless at the moment. Called Wink the other day and it appears they are aware of it and ‘might’ be remedied in the next WinkApp release. They made it sound like it is not a ‘Gen2’ thing and it is an overall integration issue. Since I am new to Rachio this year, I am none the wiser as to whether it ever worked or would still be working with a Gen1.
Rachio team, are you aware of this? I see you posted something back in February that Wink was updating their integration, but not necessarily that it might be taking this long.

Thanks.

I also would like to see Vera plugin created for Rachio. Small amount of work for one of their experienced engineers and would give instant access to the largest home automation product and customer based in the market.

1 Like

Wow - two years later and still no SmartThings integration. Let’s get on this. Google Home is out now, kicking butt and taking names. Wink has had Rachio support for a while now, and Alexa as a result.

Those of us with Google Home and Rachio are left wondering "where’s the love?’

@njhaley

Still testing/validating with SmartThings, yes it has been frustrating how long this has taken compared with the amount of time taken to integrate with our other partners.

Google Home has not yet opened their API for integrations. As soon as it is available we would love to have an integration with them.

:cheers:

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, Franz! I think for a lot of us Google home owners, integration with smartthings is an effective integration with Google home :slight_smile: get one and you have both!

I have my Iro2 ‘integrated’ with the Web Energy Logger (WEL) -

http://www.welserver.com .

No control of the Iro2 is possible.

I do get charts on performance, such as

(hourly usage for last 36 hours of activity),

(chart showing daily usage for last 13 months), and

(chart showing monthly usage for last 13 months).

If I were to go to the effort of putting in a flow sensor then I could restate the charts in actual gallons.

The WEL can supports a h/w interface ‘out of the box.’ My WEL is connected to the master valve contacts for total Iro2 on time, and connected to sense the presence/absence of voltage at the controller’s zone 10 terminals for swimming pool water usage.

I do have email / text message sending ability, but, I don’t have it turned on. I.e., I could send an email to myself whenever the Iro2 turns on/off, or, a single designated zone does likewise. I can also send texts/emails if gpm or gallons doesn’t make sense (i.e. indicating a break), but I don’t have this turned on either.

Best regards,

Bill.

Direct Google Home integration would be great, but in the meantime, you can integrate to a degree via IFTTT.

For instance, I’ve set up a fixed schedule that runs each zone for five minutes and then disabled the schedule. I’ve then created a Google Assistant trigger in IFTTT (Ok Google, Water all zones) and then linked Rachio to run the disabled schedule whenever the trigger is activated. I also have a trigger that stops any running schedules.

I agree with franz. If we could get SmartThings integration that would be very helpful and the wait has been too long.

I’m having integration issues with my Wink 2 as well. Very odd since Wink lists my Rachio as a product that is fully integrated…