Revisiting as I have lately seen some Gen2's on eBay at reasonable prices while used Gen1's are still also selling pretty well. The price difference to buy Gen2 and sell Gen1 wouldn't be much.
However, none of the 5 "upgrades" or changes for the Gen2 are needed or helpful for my install and use case. Am I missing some other reason to upgrade to Gen2?
1) More room for wiring... Not a problem
2) Different wifi setup... Not a problem
3) Manual controls... Don't need them
4) External enclosure... Don't need it
5) More Sensors... Don't need them
If there are no other changes then I don't see a need to upgrade. I am not complaining, please don't take this post as such, just wondering if I am missing something. If I am not, then thank you for making a great product!