Gen2 won't connect to cloud during setup

So frustrating!!! The post said it would be fixed by noon a few minutes ago and now I see it’s been revised again but this time with a less optimistic message about the next update coming in 6 hours… seriously i’m loosing faith :frowning:

I bought mine from Amazon and received an open box which was also just as frustrating. I decided to install it and see if it would work, but of course I cannot really tell until it’s activated. Meanwhile Amazon is waiting for my reply letting them know whether or not I’ll keep it for a small discount or send it back.

I did as well, wanted to get this installed before vacation.

Crazy, had my two gen2 Rachios sitting in the garage a couple months and then we pick the only day you have a major issue to install.

@thassman, sorry for any confusion. No promise was made that the issue would be fixed by noon, only that an update would be posted approximately every 6 hours.

That would be frustrating! Did you purchase the controller from Amazon Warehouse or as a new unit?

We’ll post an update to the support doc within the hour.

@Amassey – sounds like you have 16+ zones? Make sure to check out this support article for scheduling tips (once you’re able to connect to WiFi) – see related articles for wiring tips.

Yes, need a 20 zone version. Right now have sprinklers/tree bubblers on one and drip on the other so should be easy to keep schedules apart, but I hope you are thinking of ways to improve on this. Maybe a 20 zone controller, or one controller that modules can be added to.

Although it just needs to connect so I can setup a schedule. Looks like you are late with the latest update.

Can’t use the limited Schedules really since we are on watering restrictions. Maybe for a day.

@Amassey

I believe we have a solution in place, please try activating the controller.

Let us know if you have any further questions or feedback.

Thanks again for your patience.

:cheers:

2 Likes

FIXED! I was able to connect and setup my sprinklers. Thanks!

3 Likes

Its Working :smile:

Thanks for getting it working

3 Likes

@shaunguthrie @Danny

That’s fantastic, and I can’t apologize enough for the activation issues.

Thanks again for your patience.

Still bricked here trying to activate a gen 2 after a 20 second power cycle. Everything correct in production?

Hey all! I know some of you were already able to connect, but I wanted to post and let everyone know we have officially resolved the issue, and have taken steps to prevent a situation like this from happening again.

You can use these steps to connect your controller:

1. Unplug the power cord, wait 5 seconds and plug it back in.
  2. When the 2nd light starts flashing, hold the up and circle button until all 16 LED lights are fully illuminated. This will factory reset the controller.
  3. Wait a few moments as your controller restarts.
  4. Once Light 1 is solid and Light 2 is flashing, attempt to connect your controller to WiFi (for help, please see step 5).
  5. If you experience issues connecting the controller to WiFi, force close the app, and repeat steps 1-4.

If anyone has any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us through the community or through support. Thank you so much to everyone for being so patient and understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused, and I hope now that you can get connected you will enjoy your new controller :smile:
McKynzee :rachio:

1 Like

Hi,

Production is running correctly. It’s possible some component of your network has cached the address of the previous servers. Resetting your modem and/or router may help resolve the issue.

I assume the activation domain in question is mqtt.rach.io? Where should DNS be resolving to on that CNAME?

Has this issue been corrected. Tried to set up a new unit today for about 2 hours. Got to the flashing 3rd led each time. The app said an unexpected error had occurred, and quit each time.

@swhitworth

At this time there are no known activation issues.

Our support team recommends force closing the app, rebooting the controller and then re-trying the activation process.

If you are still having connection issues our support team would be more than happy to help your controller get connected.

No controller left behind!

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

I have this same issue and steps do not resolve. App says offline but sprinkler still runs too???

@Mdobbs - Just confirming this is a brand new setup and activation?

The Rachio should run the zones when using the buttons on the device.

Again, confirming that lights 1 and 2 are solid and light three is blinking. What is the WiFi network signal strength by the Rachio unit?

1 Like