Flow meter won’t pair after gen3 firmware update

Was working flawlessly before the update – now it won’t Pair and stays “Disconnected”

Changed batteries, re-added, tried pairing multiple times with no luck

I noticed 2 other posts similar to this issue, but no resolution was posted. My Ticket number is 726881, would appreciate some help

FYI, Debora R. (Rachio) responded to my ticket… she had me do a factory reset then repair and it did the trick! So if you have that issue see the below response from Tech Support:

Debora from Rachio Support, here, thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this unfortunate issue with your flow meter.

You said to me on the phone that you already changed the batteries and the light continues blinking. Is this the green light?

Befoe anything, would you mind trying to do a factory reset and then reconnecting your controller? Don´t worry, all your settings will be kept in your app.

To do a factory reset, please follow these instructions at your Rachio controller:

1. Unplug the controller for about 5 seconds
  2. Plug the controller back in and hold down the Stop Button (top of the white circle). The light bar should illuminate orange, once it flashes Blue you can release the button.

Once you have completed these steps, go into your Rachio app, click on the " More" tab > Controller Settings > Update WiFi.

If you still have issues to pair the flow meter after that, another possibility is that the flow meter may be too far from the controller, or there may be obstructions (such as objects, walls, soil, etc.) preventing pairing.

Take the flow meter to the location of the controller. Remove the batteries, then put them back into the flow meter, and check the Rachio app to see if the pairing is successful.

If it pairs at this point, the flow meter installation site is too far from the controller, or there is other interference.

Are there objects between the flow meter and controller? If there are, move them and try to pair again.

Please let me know if this is successful for you! I will look forward to hearing back.

2 Likes

This fixed it for me, but it disconnected again before calibration could finish. I have a ticket in, but thank you for offering this!