Flow Meter Incorporation

The Internet of Things is right around the corner. My guess is that if a company who has a flowmeter does not have one now, there may be one right around the corner. I know a few water meter manufacturers from my role at a water utility and will inquire about it.

I would like to see this feature as soon as possible too.

Not sure if this will ever be release but it looks like what we would need. http://driblet.io

2 Likes

Vapor :wink:

Hello
is there someone suggested any water meter option to have a more accurate of water usage. Of course the integration would be very good and may be usefull to detect broken pipe or nozzle.

@Flipland, are you requesting the ability to connect to an existing water meter to monitor water use? If you could elaborate, weā€™d love to better understand what you had in mind.

Till now, the city hall donā€™t talk to install water meter in home, so I have no idea how much water I take. . We only have restriction to use water for the lanscaping like two specific days and time period (1.5h) per week.
Since a few weeks, Iā€™m looking for an intelligent water meter to do some management like how much water I really take for my irrigation system per day and hopefully per zone. Why, because I didnā€™t set properly parm on zone, I saw not accurate stats. I wish to approch the city hall to talk on my installation and have more flexibility for home who have this king of installaion. Till now, I canā€™t show any accurate stats. At first, I wish to have more data and change the config on Rachio to have better stats. But, it would be better to have a way to push info to Rachio to provide better stats. Also, It could be a way to detect broken pipe base on parm.
At the same time, I want to add a water meter on my RV, because I want to do a better management on when I should test the water qualiy made by the water softener and 3 phase filtering. So, I wish to use the same meter.
Finally, stats are good, but you propably heart garbage in garbage out expression.

Hi, Jeremy, Itā€™s amazing because I saw this product 2 months ago in my search for options on water meter and looks very good, but itā€™s not yet available and I really donā€™t know how much it will cost. I saw many expensive solutions for city usage but not for individual usage like us.

By the way, i just send an email to them asking news on the availabily and cost of their product. Will give updateā€¦

any updates here?

@Markobburic, our new Gen2 controller is compatible with a handful of wired flow sensors. Hope this helps :smile:

thanks @emil ā€“ unfortunately noā€¦i got my Gen 1 just a few months before the Gen 2 was announced.

@Markobburic, maybe you could sell or gift your Gen1 and upgrade to a Gen2?

1 Like