Flex Schedule Zone to Keep Pool Full

plainsane, thank you.

I believe that it’s for a fixed, not flex schedule, that seasonal adjustments are made, perhaps on a quarterly basis. My understanding is that the seasonal adjustment is a lengthening, or shortening of the run time.

Further, it would surprise me that flex schedules have no means of adjusting run time, only frequency. I think the Iro is more sophisticated than you attribute.

The zone I have configured with the 10 Iro parameters I listed earlier, for my ZIP, is now down to 2 minutes, and runs daily.

This chart ( http://www.welserver.com/perl/plot/WEL0043/EnteringWaterTemperatureDailyAvg.png ) shows that we’re one month into the weather getting warmer on a rolling 30 day average. Thus, I’ll have a good ‘science project’ to see if indeed my zone’s run time increases as we move forward for the next five months toward blistering hot weather.

If I’m not running about 5 - 6 minutes daily with this zone at the peak of summertime I’ll conclude I have the wrong parameter settings.

Best regards,

Bill

It is sophisticated, but you are not considering flex for what it is…
It doesn’t make sense to increase the watering time for flex. That is not the point of flex. It tracks water volume and reapplies when needed. So why increase the runtime when a properly configured flex schedule saturates the soil? That would lead to runoff thus waste.

The flex schedule provides you the use to fine tune the run times on the schedule screen

OK. Didn’t know that flex schedule capability is limited to the point that the only thing that varies as a function of weather changes is frequency of watering.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Bill

OK.

I was not aware that seasonal adjustments were applied to anything other than fixed schedules.

The fact that seasonal adjustments are applied to flex schedules is new news to me.

Best regards,

Bill