Flex schedule and dogs!

I just bought and installed my GEN 2 system yesterday and was really excited about the flex schedule.
HOWEVER, At 6:00 AM this morning when I let my 3 Jack Russell dogs out and the sprinklers were on, I was less enthusiastic! They go crazy and attack the sprinkler heads and come in all wet and muddy!
I saw where many had requested a PAUSE function - Which would be perfect for my situation but it doesn’t look like that feature will be forthcoming. I had to STOP the watering (just to get my dogs back in!) which cancels the all remaining watering.
If I could figure out how to start the system earlier or make it complete before 6:00 AM, this would also solve my dilemma. I only have 3 zones.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know my knowledge with the systems is very limited.
Thanks in advance!

This will help explain how to adjust your schedule start time.

http://support.rachio.com/article/116-watering-time-features

As a side note, we will soon have our 2.5 software release which will incorporate some simpler scheduling that will be the best of both fixed and flex schedules :wink:

Hope this helps.

:cheers:

Thank you Franz for helping me delay the start time!

1 Like

@Okiesnake, just curious, were you aware that the schedule would be running this morning? All Flex schedules will default to water the next day to fill up the zone’s water gas tank.

Apologies for any muddy paw prints. :dog: [quote=“Okiesnake, post:1, topic:3219”]
I had to STOP the watering (just to get my dogs back in!) which cancels the all remaining watering.
[/quote]

The one benefit to Flex schedules in this scenario is that the zones that were skipped will not observe any precipitation for the day and should be queued up to run tomorrow to refill your soil moisture levels.

1 Like