Flex monthly not behaving as expected

I’ve set up my flex monthly schedule to adhere to my local watering restrictions but I do not think that it is working as I think it should.

I’m only allowed to water on Wednesdays and Saturdays for 5 minutes per valve. So I’ve set up my turf program for those parameters, but the Rachio is only watering once per week for the allowed time and the ground is starting to dry out.

Will I have to go back to the full manual setting?

Flex monthly is really meant to adjust frequency each month when there are little to no restrictions. For example, in Colorado we would be watering once a week in May, couple times/week in June, 3-4 times/week in July/August, etc. September might be once every two weeks.

In your case with such limited days and watering time (only 10 minutes per week!), I’d suggest using a fixed schedule, watering those 2 days/week for 5 minutes. 10 minutes a zone per week doesn’t sound like a lot to me. We have some customers that water an hour or more a week on zones (easily).

You will still get all the benefits of our weather intelligence technology. Hope this helps.

https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010542188-What-is-Weather-Intelligence-