Last year I just looked at the total water times (I didn't look at the moisture level to match those times, and now it looks like I should have). There were lots of total time issues when smart cycle got involved. For example, one day, by looking at the logs, actually watering was 120 minutes. Reported Duration was 208 minutes (I get that one since it had soak times doing nothing), but if you looked at the actual clock time for duration it was 211 minutes (rounding errors I'm guessing). On the Water Usage graph it showed 190 minutes (of that, drip time was 59 minutes, so lawn time was 131 minutes). And collecting the data using IFTTT it said 130 minutes. Not the 120 minutes from the logs.
On another day, it had (via the logs) a total lawn watering time of 102 minutes and drip time of 68 minutes, so 170 minutes of actual time with water running. But the water usage graph showed 143 minutes total! And collecting using IFTTT it had 109 minutes for the lawn and 68 minutes for the drip, so 177 minutes.
I started to address the issue with support last year. Now that my lawn watering season has started again, I'll start tracking all of this again, only this time I'll start looking at the reporting of the moisture level as well.