Feature Request: Zone type Other or Water Feature

Our sprinkler system has a zone which feeds into our pool so we can fill it during the hot summer months.

There’s not really a way to classify the zone. A zone “Other” would be helpful - or maybe “Water Feature” or “Utility”.

2 Likes

That is an excellent idea. That would surely needs it carefully calculated variables to accompany it.

I do program pools, ponds, fountains and birdbaths into the Rachio controllers. I have found it best to program at the settings for “Warm Season Grass” since the surface square feet of a pool, evaporates at a similar rate as grass.

There is some minor adjustments involved depending on plaster colors as well as if the pool is 100% chlorine adjusted or if it has a salt system.

Whichever label you put on your pool with the Rachio Controller, you can always put your custom photo of the zone.

3 Likes

I agree that another zone type would be great. However, not all of them need to to have any of the calculations. For example, I have set up a waterfall which has auto-fill feature (nothing electronic) and the waterfall pump may be turned on/off using a pump start relay hooked through Rachio. I have named the “zone” and can create a schedule. If the Zone Type is set to Water Feature (or whatever), why have Spray Head, Soil Type, etc. or calculate Soil Moisture, etc. Yes, I know the Rachio is primarily a sprinkler controller, but why not?