Feature request - disable rain sensor notifications

Generally speaking I find the rain sensor notifications useful but now that my system is winterized and Rachio 3 in standby mode they really don’t serve a purpose.

My request is to disable rain sensor push notifications when the controller is in standby.

(Yes - I know it’s belt and suspenders to have the rain sensor! :smiley:)

Are you still seeing these after last week? I thought we put a fix in to disable rain sensor push notifications when the controller is in standby mode.

:cheers:

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt response and glad to hear it’s high on the radar, but I received a notification as recently as yesterday (10/28)

OK, I’ll have the team look into this.

1 Like

@franz

I also received a rain sensor notification yesterday at 7:42am EDT from my Gen2.

Thanks!

Engineering team is reviewing, we should have a fix out this week.

4 Likes

I received a Rain Sensor notification today. Still doesn’t say which controller it came from in the notification. All of my controllers (7 R3’s) are on standby. Firmwares are 587.

@though This fix was just released. You should no longer receive rain sensor push notifications when the controller is in standby mode.

1 Like

@franz

Just released within the last couple hours? Is a firmware or app update required?

I received the latest one at 12:04 PM ET.

Will keep an eye out later this week when it rains again.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago. It’s a cloud update so no firmware or app.

2 Likes

Pouring rain here and no notification! Thank you.

I also haven’t seen a sensor notification from my 7 controllers since the “fix” was pushed. All 7 are in standby mode.

On a side note:

1. Has the multiple duplicate rain sensor notifications bug been fixed?

2. Has the issue with getting rain sensor notifications (but not stating from which controller) fix been implemented?