Expose flow sensor telemetry

Would it be possible to expose more granular data for the flow sensor, maybe the last 3 runs per sone? Is this available through the rest API?

2 Likes

Hey @plainsane!
So there is no way currently to do this through the app- we definitely need more visibility into flow sensor data. I don’t believe this is available currently through the API, but I’m going to double check with Franz. There is also some stuff we can do on our end to maybe give you some more detailed information, I’ll let you know.
Either way, I agree there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to reporting on flow sensors, and I will definitely get your request down for the team!
McKynzee :rachio:

1 Like

Is there any current information about the flow data from the API? I just need to see if the flow is running whether or not a scheduled cycle is running. I didn’t find any flow information on the public API site

Hi @Doodaad-

There is currently no way to pull flow information from the API, unfortunately. We also are only recording flow when a zone is running. Can I ask what you are wanting this information for?

McKynzee :rachio:

Yep! :slight_smile: I have a remote property that I need to keep an eye on. Infrequently, something happens and water can run for hours or even days, when I’m not lucky. I was hoping to find a system that allows me to check if there’s currently a scheduled water activity. If there is not, and the water is running (maybe have a timer to see how long it flows), then I probably have a break in the line and need to be notified. Having access to the flow meter through the Rachio would be really great. It’s pretty easy to throw a script together to monitor the activity and send a notification, just need to have some data :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Doodaad That’s a very useful application! While we don’t have this functionality now, I definitely see the value. I will make sure to get your feedback to the product team as we begin to improve our flow sensor capabilities!

yea, im waiting for this feature so i can trend my water usage on my drip zones to maybe detect a single emitter is clogged or removed from the drip tube altogether.

2 Likes