Custom zone names are too short

There arent enough characters to work with when giving custom names to the zones. When you pull up the zones on your zone list there is a lot of space devoted to the images of my grass… but not enough space for the zone names. I ended up using abbreviations, i.e. L for left, R for right, etc.

I abbreviate often. L, R for left and right. N, S, E and W for North South East and West. I will even put an abbreviation for plants if needed. I still prefer having the photo and custom description handy on my phone rather than trying to find a controller legend that may or may not be inside of the controller.

Hey @Mmrogge

Thanks for the feedback! Are you referring to the space where the zone name is displayed or just the number of characters available to name it in the first place?

Thanks!
Lo

Select a controller/ select “zones” and you’ll see a list of zones with photos representing your landscaping area. I don’t find the photos useful but feel that too much real estate has been devoted to the photos which leaves very little area for the zone names. Although plenty of characters are permitted for zone name, it cuts off most of it when displaying the zone list graphically. And i am being forced to abbreviate zone names into Back R & Side R.

1 Like

@mmrogge,

Awesome! Thank you so much for clarifying as well as the feedback. I’ll shoot your thoughts over to the team so we have it logged and can do further research from there!

Happy Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

About 5 years ago I had the Rachio watering system installed. At that time the zone numbers matched the water valve numbers, 1, 2, 4, 6, 7. And they matched pictures of zones with those zone numbers added for use by the landscape maintenance people. At some point these descriptions were changed to Front / Back 1, 2, 3.
How do I change the zone descriptions back to 1, 2, 4, 6, 7?

Select a zone, click Edit, click Name, change name as desired, click Done.