Copy Watering Schedule

Still waiting for this feature!!!

1 Like

I too am waiting for this feature.

As a new Rachio user, I am finding flex daily / flex monthly is too unpredictable for my yard, so I am reverting to fixed schedules.

I’d like to create a summer, fall, winter, and spring schedule for all of my zones, and not having copy function is a huge surprise here. This is a basic requirement for most all smart devices, to copy routines, make minor tweaks, and enable / disable them.

I hope this is added to the user function soon.

1 Like

Add my name to the list of Users waiting for this feature.

I would like this feature for many of the same reasons that others have mentioned. One NOT mentioned by others would serve as a “stopgap” for another missing feature – I can’t “Quick Run” an existing Schedule as a later time. To make up for this other deficiency, I would copy the Schedule and set it to run ONCE on a specified date and time. Not great, but better than nothing.

2 Likes

This is just silly that this still doesn’t exist as a feature. As a famous man once said, ‘C’mon man’! Just make it happen! I’m a software engineer and this shouldn’t be that difficult :disappointed:.

1 Like

Wow! Can’t believe this was suggested 6 years ago! I was seeing if there was a way to copy a schedule as I’m watering new grass several times a day. Instead of creating this once and then copying and pasting for the other times of the day, I have to create new schedules each from scratch. What a waste of time. Get with the program Rachio!

1 Like

I believe many people in the community are still waiting for a copy and paste function for schedules (at the very least). For those of us growing grass how do we not even have multiple start times, my dial irrigation clock had that! I think this is a huge hole in your software. I thought I was a pioneer with this idea, little did I know this was brought up almost 7 years ago.

Plus I like to be able to reorder my zones on the zone page. I always run my sprinklers in the same order…which is not what is on my zone page, its obnoxious to have to reorder my zones with every schedule I make. PLEASE HELP!!!

Schedule COPY feature?

I just bought a new Gen 3 and am setting up some schedules. After creating the first one, I want to copy it and change a few parameters, so I looked for the copy feature and could not find it. Then hit the internet and found this thread, and found that this simple little thing is a 7+ year old outstanding requested feature!

Are there ANY new features coming, or is this software dead and static at this point (May 2023)?

1 Like

…and after 7.5 years, still no copy functionality. How can you possibly think that it isn’t a function that should have been in the original software long ago?

Here’s my use case today: I’ve been running Flex Daily “forever” and for my situation, it works quite well. THANK YOU. However, my city just implemented watering restrictions: No watering on Mondays and Fridays. So I got into the Rachio app and looked for a way to tell it to add those restrictions to my long-established schedule. Nope, can’t do that. Changing an existing schedule isn’t allowed.

Hey, no problem. I’ll copy my Flex Daily schedule to a new one, call it “Restricted Flex Daily” and tell it don’t run on Mondays and Fridays.

Copy? What do you mean there’s no copy capability?

And yet you’ve got the resources to add new extra-cost functionality, like telling me if my valves are pulling different amounts of current. But no resources to copy a schedule. Sigh.

1 Like

Go to your Flex Daily schedule, then go to Interval, and from there you can uncheck the days you can’t water.

Yeah, I did that, and it doesn’t work.

Either that, or Rachio’s understanding of “don’t water on Mondays and Fridays” is different than mine.

It’s Friday night where I am, and Rachio dutifully notified me that it started watering at 9:56 PM. That’s putting me at risk from the city by starting 124 minutes before it’s allowed. I clicked “standby” to stop it.

Rachio is a great piece of engineering but the software is flawed and fixes seem unimportant. Or the user interface isn’t working in the way that this user is expecting it to. Unchecking the Monday and Friday boxes should mean OFF from midnight-to-midnight on Monday and Friday, right? Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Do you have it set up to “finish before sunrise” and is the maximum calculated irrigation time cause it to start before midnight?

Exactly what I was thinking. It wants to start on Friday night because that is its Saturday watering schedule. With these restrictions, I would switch from “End by Sunrise” to a fixed start time of 12:02 am. May water a bit past sunrise, but will meet the watering restrictions which are probably a tad more important at this time.

Correct!

I guess I’ll change that. It would be nice if the software would throw a message at me warning me that I have made settings that are potentially conflicting (i.e., finish by sunrise AND don’t water on specific days.) Maybe it could pop-up a question back to me: “Your scheduling parameters may force watering to begin during the evening of blocked days, OR watering beyond sunrise; please select your preference.” (My third preference would be “shorten the soak intervals so that watering will start at 12:01 AM and finish by sunrise, if possible.”)

See my reply to Thomas_Lerman. His and your speculation is correct, I had been using the recommended setting of “finish before sunrise.” I have now changed that to “start at 12:05 AM” instead and I’ll keep my fingers crossed that this will solve the problem.

Going full circle back to my starting point: To me, this makes the ability to copy a schedule even more desirable. When the water restrictions end, I will now have to remember to set two parameters back to their original values: Skipped days and start time versus finish by sunrise. I’d much rather have two schedules: “Normal” and “Water Restrictions” and simply toggle between them. But with Flex Daily I can’t do that, since it won’t let me have all active zones in both schedules, even if only one schedule is enabled.

1 Like

Just here to suggest the same feature that was requested over 7 years ago now…

2 Likes

Been a user since ver 1 of the controller and so surprised this very simple functions still isn’t available.

On newest controller and app and still no ability to copy an existing schedule

My use case (and I’m guessing the typical one) is to add multiple start times, although I can see the reason to simply support copying because it addresses many issues, whereas multiple start times is only one example. That said, creating 4 schedules just because I want to water the same area 4 times a day is a bit of a pain, too.

The use case that I’m sure is most common is re-seeding grass. Some products call for light watering 3-4 times per day, and you likely also don’t necessarily want things like rain sensors kicking in and stopping the water. I am re-seeding now, and will end up needing to manually enter my schedule 3 more times to effectively do this…I echo what everyone else is saying…this shouldn’t be a challenging feature to implement, and it has real value. If 20 people were willing to post about it, that probably means 2000 people had the issue…