Okay, I think I may have resolved the issue during a trouble shooting exercise. In an effort to make sure all the wires were making solid contact, I unplugged the unit and removed the outer panel to inspect the wires. Once I determined everything looked good, I "firmly" reinstalled the panel, powered it up, and used the app to start the system manually; lo and behold, everything worked. Not sure what I did, but everything appears to be running smoothly.
I would have simply removed my initial question but noticed a few people had read my question--thus this reply to my initial post just incase someone might find it helpful.