Change Weather Station

I just purchased and installed my Iro in the last couple weeks and noticed in the history no rainfall was being reported from the weather station. The closest weather station to me is also a national weather station KEFD.

I looked up this station on weather underground and it looks like it has not reported rainfall data since the 1990s. Is there a way to force the Iro to use a different station for rainfall data?

@ct434

Thanks for reaching out to us. We appreciate you purchasing our device.

That is clearly not ideal! Sorry about that. I will reach out to our weather provider in regards to this station and see what is going on.

When you say the closest weather station to your house is KEFD, does that mean that you have enabled the personal weather station toggle on in your app and we are still pulling from station KEFD? Just want to make sure that I fully understand. If you would be willing to provide your username I can review on my side as well and provide some more insight.

Thanks again for your time.
Kevin

@ct434 It looks like @kevinro is going to work with you on tracking down the weather station issue.

Wanted to add that our v2.0 software coming out this month will allow you to select your preferred weather station :wink:

Thanks for the quick response. PM sent with my controller username.

When I enable personal weather stations, it still tries to use KEFD. I assume it is closer than the nearest PWS as it is about a mile away.

Glad to hear this won’t be an issue once 2.0 comes out. However, it would still be nice to be able to use the closest station.

Craig,

Yeah it looks like you are correct, regardless of whether not the PWS is enabled we are pulling from station KEFD. Let me do some digging and I will be sure to get back to you.

In the meantime you may want to monitor your system and setup a manual rain delay if you find it necessary. As Franz mentioned in the new version of our software you will be able to select what station you want to pull from so this will be a temporary solution.

Thanks again Craig.

Will 2.0 be able to pull rain information from Weather Underground?

@cmieczak We currently pull rain information from all of the national stations and, if opted in, personal weather stations.

Do you know, if any, what other rain information WU has?

:beers:

Hi @cmieczak, good evening.

Not at this time unless the dev team has some tricks up their sleeves :wink:

We are exploring this integration, however at this time, I can’t give a specific timeframe for when this will be completed.

Do you currently have a PWS on wunderground?

Best, Emil

Were you able to find out what is going on with this weather station, KEFD? I was eventually able to get my iro to use a PWS that was nearby, but it’s rainfall data is unreliable at best.

@ct434, were you able to update to the 2.0 version of the app yet? This problem should be fixed with the ability to select your weather station now :smile:

Let me know if there’s anything else we can help you with moving forward.

Best, Emil