Apple Watch

Any thoughts about bringing Rachio App to the Apple Watch? Seems like a natural extension.

@Ramsteiner Cool idea, I’d like to get the iPad version out first, and then we can focus on the Apple Watch, unless someone wants to build it for us :wink:

1 Like

iPad app is certainly appealing during initial setup when screen real estate is so valuable. However, there is something very cool about starting a zone from your wrist or activating a rain delay. I would think apple watch would have a limited set of basic capabilities mainly for day-to-day operations rather then editing abilities found on other devices. Thanks for considering this. I think a growing number of your customers will find this appealing.

1 Like

Crowdsource it :wink:

Here is my new apple watch:

1 Like

@critter That’s awesome, does it have an SDK? :wink:

+1

Would love to see Rachio on the Apple Watch one day.

1 Like

@bobcats9498 Fun stuff for sure, I put it in our backlog. If any ambitious developer wants to use our open API, hit me up! :wink:

:beers:

Hi Franz,

Receiving my Iro tomorrow and I’ve been looking for a project to get into the Apple Watch. Do you have more information on the API?

Thanks!

@kgraus We support close to everything I can imagine doing on a watch, with an irrigation controller :wink:

Thanks, I’ll give it a read!

My one concern is that currently Apple Watch “apps” are just extensions of regular apps, so it would be much easier to integrate it into your existing app than writing one from scratch.

1 Like

@kgraus Oh interesting, we’ll have to check that out.

In the meantime, I’m sure you can make an app with a big DO button that turns your zones on/off and amazes all your friends. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:

Big “DO” buttons are pretty amazing! :smile:

1 Like