Announcing Google Home and SmartThings Integration

Hey McKynzee. I’ve gotten a bit further, having now linked my Rachio to the Google Home via my wife’s iPhone (it never completed on my Samsung). So now they are ‘linked’, however, when I ask the Google Home to ‘talk to Rachio’ it still says the account is not linked. Any further ideas would be appreciated!

Hey @Yepitsme-

Any chance it’s a pronunciation issue? We ran into this a bit with users- check out this video to hear how to correctly pronounce Rachio so it recognizes the name! It’s the Alexa video (doing some reworking on the GA video :pensive:) but it should help with pronunciation. Also check out post 13 for some details on how to phrase commands, that may be causing issues as well!

So it turns out that Rachio was linked to my wife’s voice, given that it was her phone and her account. I’ve since signed onto the iPhone with my GMail account, linked the Rachio with myself logged into the iPhone, and now it recognizes my voice. So it appears that the Google Home can only be linked to Rachio via one account, not two.

Also, there still appears to be an issue with linking Rachio to Google Home on the Samsung S7 Edge. For me, I’m good to go having linked via the iPhone but others may still have issues.

Thank you for letting us know about the S7 issue, we will do some testing! Also yes, we did discover Google Home can only be linked to one Rachio, and only one Rachio can be linked to a Google Home account. Glad you were able to get up and running, I apologize for the issues you encountered!