Android App 2.1.0-110 force closes when trying to access zone details STILL ISSUES WITH UPDATE

Have tried running on both 4.4.4 (moto x) and 5.1.1 (Nexus 7 - 2013) and 5.1 (Samsung Note Pro 12.2). Have uninstalled - rebooted - reinstalled - with no success.

Advanced Zone Settings works fine.

However - Vegetation, Soil, Exposure, Nozzle and Slope all force close with the error message “Unfortunately Rachio has stopped”

Suggestions on how to resolve this – or is it a bug in the software?

Thanks!! in advance.

I will have our Android team look into this, could not reproduce but I think I found the crash report.

Will release a patch tonight assuming they can track the issue down and fix.

:cheers:

THANKS –

Let me know if there is anything else that I can provide you to assist.

FWIW, I’m on the same version of the app ,and I’ve tried selecting each zone, and the individual settings, but I’m not encountering the problem on my HTC One M8 GPe, (5.1) or on my Nexus 7 (2013) (5.1.1).

Perhaps I’m not doing everything necessary to generate the failure, or there is something beyond just the app that is affecting the result.

I’m not suggesting that the problem isn’t there, just that it isn’t affecting all customers, even with identical hardware, OS and app…

I couldn’t reproduce the issue either but it was clear what the issue was from the crash reports we have and it’s now fixed.
It’ll be in the next release.

1 Like

Thanks @dgp, will test and release tomorrow.

1 Like

@ezbill61

Just released 2.1.1-111.

Please let us know if you have any other issues.

1 Like

Still having issues. Now all but advanced do nothing. Backing out of the zone details to the main menu force closes. Sen error report via Google

Thanks

1 Like

Bump

@dgp found and fixed the issue, will get out soon, just determining the release.

THANKS!!! You guys have great customer service.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay on this. There were two issues and I hadn’t noticed the second one. It only happens if someone else has edited your zone settings at some point. It took about 3 hours to work out what was going on.

1 Like

No worries – Could not ask for better response time - or communication as to what is going on.

1 Like