Advice for first time purchaser of irrigation system and potentially Rachio

I have test-driven Rain Machine. It does not have the zone set-up features like Rachio. I think you will like Rachio.

2 Likes

Decided on the Rachio. Just ordered it off Amazon :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah I think I am going to get another quote and design done. Have another contractor coming in tomorrow - they are “certified” as per your website compared to the previous one who isn’t.

I am also considering if I do the install myself but still trying to flush that out. @MarkSanDiego gave me great tips today :slight_smile:

1 Like

for others benefit my contractor after asking about the MP Rotors option came back with this configuration:

FYI - this is what the contractor came back with:

Areas of coverage: Front grass up to fence line, front garden, side and back grass, back cedars as discussed on site.

Our estimate for the design and build of the irrigation system is based on the supply and installation of the following:
9 – Rain Bird, 1804, 4” spray head
30 – Rain Bird, 1804 with MP Rotor nozzles
12 – Rain Bird, 1” solenoid valve

Plus, all polyethylene pipe, and multi-strand direct burial control cable. Insert fittings with all-stainless steel clamps and all other related items required to provide a completely operational lawn watering system of the highest professional quality.

Our estimate starts at a ½” water supply located on the back of the house. We will install the homeowner supplied Rachio controller in the garage. Backflow prevention devices are required by the plumbing code for all irrigation systems to protect the drinking water from contamination. A Dual Check type backflow preventer is included in our proposal.

Our installations are guaranteed for a period of two years from the date of installation for the quality of workmanship and materials. Also, included in our guarantee is the first-year winterization of the system at no extra cost.

Woohoo :tada: :smile: Welcome to team Rachio! If you are interested, we can see if we have any recommended pros in your area. Just DM me your zip and I can give it a look. Keep us updated on your next quote either way…

2 Likes

DM’d you :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::+1::blush: