Adjust Precipitation Amounts?

I have set my unit for a Flexible Daily Schedule with the Weather Intelligence on. The precipitation levels showed that it rained yesterday 0.48" (I’m sure it did at the weather station) but it didn’t rain at my house at all. Is there a way to set the precipitation amount to 0 so that the moisture level in my yard is more accurate and so that my sprinklers will turn on tomorrow?

Click on the zone, moisture levels, adjust, empty.
Probably need to do this on each of the zones. They are probably all at 100% moisture after 1/2" of rain.

If the precip is off by 1/2" maybe you might want to pick a closer weather station.

1 Like

how far is your weather station?

This worked and my system ran this morning. The station is only about 2 miles away but it must have just been one of those weird times when the station on the edge of the weather system. I have switched to another one, also about 2 miles away to see if that makes a difference. We haven’t had any rain in weeks and the temp is 95+ degrees everyday so I can’t have the system thinking it rained when it didn’t.

1 Like

The station is only about 2 miles away but it must have just been one of those weird times when the station on the edge of the weather system. I have switched to another one, also about 2 miles away to see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

I’m having the issue where summer thunderstorms are forecasted but never happen in my area. My lawn needs water but it’s not getting it when it should. Closest pws is 4 miles away.

I’m having that issue as well here in S FL. What type of schedule are you running?

You’ve probably seen my comments in other threads. I have the same problem here in NC. Luckily either one of them eventually pans out or it finally gets forecast for so little that the system will water, but there have been times where I’ve had to manually water my drip systems because the plants are wilting. I’ve been wondering if the forecast chance of rain is 20% or lower and it’s for those possible afternoon thunderstorms if it would be better if Rachio would just ignore it and think it’s going to be zero precip. It would be a nice addition if it were an option to ignore the forecast under those conditions.

1 Like