2.6 Software Release Testing - Bringing Flex Back

I love this. Looks like there is a schedule for just about everyone. Better for those with different watering restrictions, and Flex is not going away.:relaxed:

2 Likes

So glad Flex is staying! Thanks for listening to your fans :grin:
We don’t seem to have a “normal” weather pattern here in Southern California - One week it’s in the 60s, then the next week it’s in the 90s. Then foggy drizzle. I love that flex keeps up with that.

2 Likes

I am a bit lost now with this new version bringing back flex schedules. I have not yet changed anything and I am still on my old flex schedules. Now I can see there are two flexible, one monthly and one daily. What is the difference? I remember that the water as needed was supposed to have a feature that looks into historic data for example.

What is the difference between my old flex schedules and the two new one with version 2.6?

I’m glad Flex is coming back. I looked at “as needed” and didn’t (insofar as I could see) allow me to select days to not water. And the “specific days” mode seemed to want to water every selected day.

My goal, as a user, is to tell the Rachio about my yard, what days I don’t want it to water, and then walk away to enjoy my increasingly beautiful and water efficient yard. It can worry about soil moisture, next rain, weather, days it can’t water and come up with the optimum watering schedule. I just want a nice yard I don’t have to obsess over.

-Mike

There is no difference. Version 2.6 brings back the ability to add new flex schedules.

:cheers:

Thanks for clarification Franz. What is the difference between the monthly and daily flex in Version 2.6? Does my old flex schedule also take into account historic data with the new version? Or should I migrate to one of the new flex schedules?

One time, monthly adjustments (new interval each month) versus a completely dynamic daily watering model (daily flex).

It doesn’t need to since it adjusts daily based on real time weather.

Flex schedules have not changed, if they were working for you I would continue to use them. If you want more predictability with less fine tuning, the flexible monthly schedule is an option (in our last release we called it water as needed).

1 Like

What about Pump inhibit per Zone!!! Promised long ago!

The 2.6 software was submitted to the iOS App store for approval on Friday May 27th.

Expecting approval sometime next week. We will then release the Webapp and Android on the same day.

Interesting. I don’t see either of this option (“Choose a Schedule Type”) after updating my app to 2.6 on my iPhone 6. I also don’t see any of the items you mention on the email you sent me. Nor does the app on my MacBookPro have any of these options. What is up?

Try now

@wildpony, can you email screenshots of what you’re seeing? I just checked and am seeing the expected screens:

From the “Edit Watering Schedule” on the Dashboard, this screen will appear:

Then tap on the “+” icon in the upper right hand corner to get this screen:

Please note, the flow has changed a bit in 2.6; you’ll select the schedule type first, then the zones to run in that schedule. For details, please see this support article.

I hope this helps. If you’re seeing anything different, please email us screenshots and we’ll try to replicate on your account.

Thanks, Emil

I think there was a delay, the App Store showed the screenshots, and the app updated, but was no there. I checked 5 minutes later and it updated again and all is well for me now.

Hi Emil,

This is the screenshot from my MacBookPro, running OS X 10.11.5

I don’t see either my MacBookPro or my iPhone the three items listed below the calendar.

On another note, is there a way to add my own picture of the particular stations to the calendar? It would be nice to see what I have on my property instead of seeing a generic out of focus picture. Just curious.

Thanks!

Thanks @wildpony – looks like you’re using the web app on both your MacBook and iPhone? We’re looking into this.

Yes, but you’ll need to do this from the mobile app. From the Dashboard, go to the My Yard Card, select the zone you want to edit, then either use your camera to take a photo (left icon) or use one from your photo library (right icon)

Perhaps this is a dumb question but I notice that the “Water As Needed” schedule lists Weather Intelligence that can be selected with options of Climate, rain, and freeze skip. I don’t see this listed in the newly revived “Flexible Daily” schedule as an option? I suppose it has these enabled by default due to the nature of the flex daily, but its just not very clear.

When I switched to the water as needed schedule (when flex was to be eliminated) it would notify me when watering would be skipped due to weather, will the newish flexible daily do the same?

no, flex will just respect the fact that your moisture is above mad and do nothing, the following days of et would most likely force it to run as usual.

something to keep in mind with flex daily, it never has any set day to run (you can set up a restriction, but that is different), it is completely reactive, it either needs to run to replenish moisture or not run because everything is a.o.k.

But it is taking weather into account to calculate the moisture correct?

oh yea, absolutely, its just not available to control because the entire model would fall apart if any of those data vectors were disabled.

1 Like

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. :beers:

1 Like