1.5 iOS Mobile in Apple Store

@jridgley‌ Ok, seems like a good use of push notifications. I will try to get this in the 1.6 release.

Sounds great, thanks!

The new “Manual Run” option is much improved over the previous version but still needs some work. I love the ability to select circuits, something that wasn’t possible in the past. But, would it be too much to ask to have you set the run times in “Manual Run” to match the run times that are programmed into our schedules? For example, my vegetable garden drips are scheduled to run 5 minutes, while my turf circuits are set to 25 minutes. In the new “Manual Run” all circuits default to 10 minutes. What I’d like is to have you set each circuit’s duration to match what’s programmed in the “Watering Times” screen.

As a follow up to my post, what I would really like is the ability to manually run a “Watering Times” schedule. To extend the example from my prior post, I have all my turf circuits in a schedule that runs every three days. (The watering time for each circuit in this schedule varies a bit.) And, I have another schedule set to run daily for two different vegetable garden circuits. And, I have a third schedule set for various circuits that water roses and other perennials.

What I’d love to do is to manually run any one of these schedules (i.e. gardens, turf, or perennials) for the prescribed times (as defined in the schedules) for each circuit. This is similar to what I was able to do with the “semi-automatic” mode in my prior controller that had “A” and “B” watering groups.

@JimAskew‌ On the newly realeased version 1.5 of our mobile app you can one-click start any of your watering times now.

http://www.support.rach.io/article/100-version-1-5-released

Is this the feature you were thinking about?

One more comment…at least in my case on the Front Range of Colorado, the weather prediction method of determining when to water has been nearly useless. Day after day I got e-mails saying that my watering schedules would be skipped because rain was predicted for the day. And day after day (five to seven days in a row), we didn’t get a drop of rain. That’s why I want a better “manual water” mode.

Last week we did get two solid days of rain. The ground was soaked yet the controller wanted to water since no rain was predicted. I had to put turn on “sleep mode” to prevent unnecessary watering.

I would much prefer that the controller determine watering based on actual history than on the forecast.

Finally, I have a rain sensor installed but I’m uncertain as to whether it’s assisting in determining when to water. I wish there were a way to manually check to see if the switch on the sensor is activated (i.e. it has water in it) or not.

@JimAskew‌ Thanks for the feedback. We are moving to a different weather API which will provide us with actual observed data rather than only forecasting. We are based in Colorado as well so know that the weather forecasting can be troublesome at best.

The physical rain sensor enabled/disabled events will show up in your history view. Next release we will work on getting these push notifications as well.

Sounds great franz…I always look forward to the updates and appreciate all the work you’re doing…

On the newly realeased version 1.5 of our mobile app you can one-click start any of your watering times now.

Yes! I neglected going to the “Schedule” tab on Manual Run. It does exactly what I want! THANK YOU!