Hey @zalusky This is actually what I love most about the openness of Rachio. There's definitely a way that you can achieve this but you'll have to get slightly dirty (pardon the soil pun) with this solution. It actually works quite well and you might even appreciate it being on your Calendar also.
First thing is to go to IFTTT.com and create an account if you don't already have one. Once you have an IFTTT account set up, follow the steps below:
1) On the IFTTT home page, click on "My Applets" at the top.
2) Click on "New Applet".
3) Click on the "+This" in the If This Then That screen.
4) Search for "calendar".
5) You'll have multiple calendar options that should work, but I only know for sure that "Google Calendars
" works. Feel free to play around with the others obviously.
6) Once you click on and connect your calendar, you should see "Event from search starts
" as an option. Click on that.
7) I set mine up for the keyphrase to be "Watering the Trees
" and the "Time before event starts
" to "0
" because I wanted it to look for "Watering the Trees
" and to trigger when that happens on the calendar exactly.
8) Click "Create trigger" at the bottom once you've filled it out to your desire.
9) Click on the "+That" part now.
10) Search for Rachio and click on it.
11) Under "Choose an action" Click on "Start a zone".
12) Choose your desired zone and length of time for watering.
13) Click on "Create action" at the bottom. Then Review it and click on "Finish".
Your applet is ready to go! Now, all you have to do is go on the Calendar you synced to this and add events with the keyword you set up. For me, I put my events called "Watering the Trees" on my Google calendar with this criteria:
Title: Watering the Trees
Time: 6:00a to 6:00a because I want my watering to start at 6a. It doesn't matter the end time since the run time is set within the IFTTT Applet.
Repeat: Monthly on day 13. This is to make it so you don't have to go in and create a bunch of singular events. If you want to change the time, you can just edit one event instead of all separately.
See images below for visual on how I set it up.
NOTE: You may see a delay in the watering of up to a couple minutes. This is because the communication with the Rachio cloud and the IFTTT checks run every couple minutes and not all the time. It'll still run for the desired amount of time but the start and end times may be pushed back a very small amount.
Hope this helps!